What is Area PIN Code Full Information – Pincode Finder :- What is Pin code? This is very important for all of us to know. Because whenever we have to send any letter or post by post in India, it is necessary to write the pin code of the concerned area on that post. Apart from this, whenever we fill any type of form online or offline and enter our details and address in it, then we have to enter pin code along with our address there, which is mandatory to enter. So when it is so important for us to tell our pin code, we also need to have complete information about it. So that's why in this post we will know that what is this area Pincode Finder? Why is it used? In this article, you are going to get complete information about pin code.
Select Your State
What is Postal PIN Code? PIN Code Full Form
The full form of PIN Code is "Postal Index Number". It is also called Postal Code. Pin code was first used on 15 August 1972 by Shriram Bhikaji Velankar, Secretary of the then Union Ministry of Communications. Since then pin code has been used to identify any area in the country.
Pin code is a 6 digit code. Which is used to identify any area in the country. All the places in India have been assigned separate pin codes.
Before the arrival of pin code in the country, it was very difficult to find the address of any place. Because earlier in the address there used to be only the name of that area or the name of the village, the name of the city, the name of the state. But it has been seen many times that there are more than one place or village with the same name in the same city in the same state. So in such a situation there used to be a problem in identifying the right place.
You yourself must have seen many times that there are more than one villages or places with the same name in your surrounding area. So in such a situation if someone tells us the address and there is more than one place with the same name in our area then it becomes very difficult for us to find the right place. So to avoid this problem, Pin code service was started in the country of India on 15 August 1972.
All the states, districts, tehsils of the country are through this system. To identify all those areas, they were given a 6 digit code. Which is called pin code. Through this code, we can easily find out that pin code belongs to which tehsil of which district of which state? Because for all the states or their districts or areas in India, separate pin codes have been fixed for all of them. Therefore it becomes very easy to identify any area by Pincode Finder. That is why pin code is used while entering the address.
Let us now tell you a little structure of pincode, how the pin code is identified in our country.
The whole country is divided into 9 different zones/regions on the basis of pin code distribution. More than one state of the country comes in each zone. So the first digit of this 6 digit pin code tells the identity of these zones. Similarly, the second digit of the pin code indicates the identity of the sub zone of that zone. And the third digit tells the district of that sub zone. Apart from this, the last 3 digits of the pin code tell the address of the concerned post office of that district.
Below we are telling you how all the states of the country have been divided into different zones.
- North Zone 1: – The states of Delhi, Haryana, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh, Chandigarh come in this zone and the first digit of the pin code of the state of this zone is 1.
- North Zone 2: – Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand states come in this zone and the first digit of pin code of these states is 2.
- West Zone 1: – Rajasthan, Gujarat, Daman and Diu, Dadra and Nagar Haveli states fall in this zone and the first digit of the pin code in these states is 3.
- West Zone 2:- States like Maharashtra, Goa, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh come in this zone and in these states the first digit of pin code is 4.
- South Zone 1: – Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka states come in this zone and the first digit of pin code of these states is 5.
- South Zone 2:- States like Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Puducherry, Lakshadweep come in this zone and the first digit of pin code of these states is 6.
- East Zone 1: – States like West Bengal, Odisha, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, Meghalaya, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Assam, Sikkim come in this zone and the first digit of the pin code of these states is 7. .
- East Zone 2:- Bihar and Jharkhand states come in this zone and the first digit of pin code of these states is 8.
- APS: – Only the Indian Army has been kept in this zone. Wherever the post office of the Indian Army is located all over India, the first character of its pin code is 9. That is, if the first character of a pincode is 9, then you can understand that that post office comes under the leadership of the Indian Army.
How to know pin code of any area?
It is very easy to find pin code of any area Pincode Finder. For this, whatever place you want to know the pin code, you have to search in google by writing its name and the word pin code next to it. After that the pin code of that area will appear in front of you. For example, if you want to know the pin code of Jaipur city, then you have to search something like this in Google "Jaipur pin code" (jaipur pin code)